Since its origin in September 1970, when eight women met to discuss community outreach, the Junior Service League of Brazosport (JSL) has given thousands of volunteer hours back to the Brazosport Community.
The best and brightest women in the community are continually recruited to join our organization. This influx of fresh ideas and personalities, coupled with the long-standing traditions of service, make JSL a prime choice for women who wish to become involved in the Brazosport community. The face of our organization has changed to an outstanding collaboration of women from the home and professional workforce. We began a new era of service starting in June 2014. After 41 years of staffing our resale store, the Bargain Box, as our major Service Project, JSL began transitioning to a more active service role within our community.
Service projects take many forms but are always selected with one main goal in mind: to fill the needs that are otherwise not met, where our members feel they can make a real contribution. For the 2019-2020 service year, you will see us volunteering for a variety of Southern Brazoria County organizations and hosting events such as Stuff the Bus, the Teddy Bear Carnival, Bunco for Home Delivered Meals, and our 50th Anniversary Celebration.
The object of the Junior Service League shall be to train its members for effective participation in the community through a program of education and volunteer service.
To join the League, you must have a commitment to voluntarism and must be able to demonstrate some history of volunteer service.
- A candidate for membership shall have reached the age of 21 by May 1st of the year in which she is proposed.
- Members must reside in Southern Brazoria County.
- Prospective members must be proposed by four Active or Sustaining members of the Junior Service League; at least two must be current Active members.
- The candidate for membership shall be responsible, dependable, cooperative, and of good character.
- Before accepting the invitation to membership, she shall have received an orientation in the privileges and responsibilities of membership in the Junior Service League of Brazosport and shall agree to engage in community service in connection with the program of JSL.
If you are interested in membership, please contact our Membership Chair, Andrea Cordoba, at email@example.com